Overview of Position:
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, and related equipment. Tasks include but not limited to end user support, performing PC maintenance, PC upgrades, PC configurations, and understanding and troubleshooting network connectivity to end points.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Provide PC support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help desk
- Monitor Help Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Troubleshoot user connectivity and understand related network connections
- Document internal procedures
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends as assigned
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Backup other IT duties as needed
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and solve problems with efficient solutions
- Provide excellent customer service and support
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple initiatives
- High attention to detail
- Ability to detect errors and make decisions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently; demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of relevant technical experience
- Advanced computer skills, maintain the technical proficiency necessary to complete their duties
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
Full-Time Hours and Compensation:
- Starting salary will be based on experience
- General hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 10AM – 7PM EST with 1 hour lunch. However, candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends as assigned
Interested In Applying?
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com