|Mission & Role Overview:
|Mission:The mission of American Support is to help video, voice and data companies succeed by operating efficiently, consistently and with excellent customer service, making life better for our clients, employees, investors and families while supporting our country.The role of the Curriculum Development Specialist is to create and maintain print and web based content that is measurable and accessible to all employee and client groups supported by our organization with a focus on education as an empowerment tool that prepares employees to support their current job functions, but also prepares them for successful internal promotion within the organization. The Curriculum Development Specialist will also develop and maintain an online university specific to the needs of our employees, potential employees and clients.
This position is primarily an internal facing role that develops and maintains print and web based training to support the educational needs of our employees and client groups using sound educational methodologies which develop knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation skill sets among all the groups we service both internal and external. From time to time, external contact with large scale clients may be appropriate for this role in order to gather and clarify data efficiently.
Training curriculum must be developed for delivery via webinars and delivery as self-paced online learning modules and must include experiential activities, case studies, multi-media enhancements and facilitated dialogues.
|Print and Web-Based Content Development
- Update, build and/or maintain client specific 1, 2, and 3-week intensive New Hire Programs, cross-skill, and re-skill training programs.
- Develop 100% accurate ongoing training modules for use by the training department for their monthly training calendar.
- Training Calendar requests to be provided to this position a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Training requests to include technical skills, soft skills documentation, and client specific skills.
- Create and execute a monthly documentation audit calendar to ensure that materials remain accurate.
- Provide a quarterly curriculum development plan to the Director of Professional Development for implementation approval.
- Host two hours of training each week for clients to attend. The schedule to be posted a quarter in advance. The schedule to be approved by Director of Professional Development and prepared with input from Client Services and Business Development Teams.
Maintains internal Contact Center Knowledge Bases (KBs):
- Maintain the Knowledge Base Numbering template with 100% accuracy
- Make requested KB updates within 3 business days of receipt. KB details to be provided in full detail to Curriculum Development for verbiage tweaks and multi-media input.
- Work with customer care to ensure that KBs for new clients utilizing KB Template Site then make necessary updates based on client’s conversion project timeline.
Development and maintenance of online university:
- Maintain the online university and create at least one online course for the University each month.
- Assist Director, Performance Management in developing and maintaining Certification Programs for job classification. Example: CSR I; CSR II, CSR III; Lead.
- Assist Dispatch / Back Office Manager in developing Certification Programs for job classification. Example: Dispatch I; Dispatch II; Back Office Admin I; Dispatch Lead.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- This is a small company that experiences bursts of growth; roles will change over time to support the constantly changing business needs of the company.
|Qualifications (Necessary Skills & Experience Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in education, technical writing, corporate training, corporate communications or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree in education preferred.
- Excellent communicator.
- Quick learner that is able to self-train and pick up new skills quickly.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadline constraints.
- Adaptable self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of how adults acquire and use information and skills, and of training techniques suitable for different learning styles; able to implement this knowledge in a fully virtual environment via organizations selected web-based platforms.
- Skilled in the use of audio-visual equipment and personal computers, including presentation software.
- Skilled in systematically determining training needs, including identifying the components of performance and developing strategies for achieving performance improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Skilled in research, observation, coaching and providing feedback to employees and executives.
- Comfortable utilizing both PCs and Macs for content development.
- One or more years experience technical writing or content development. Preferably, this experience would be in a call center environment.
Experience in the Following Areas is a Plus but Not Required:
- At least three years content development experience in a classroom setting or corporate setting, secondary, post secondary or corporate training.
- Certification in ESL or Structured English Immersion beneficial.
- Experience utilizing Blooms Taxonomy and thinking maps.
- CSG Systems, Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Cloud based applications.
- Knowledge of call center operations, virtual company operations, cable, internet, and VOIP providers.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting and use of keyboard/computer. Work is subject to significant telephone contact and virtual meeting contact with other departments and client personnel.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include travel, long hours, week-ends and holidays.